6.30.2008

math relay


on june 6th i had math relay which is where teams from schools from tacoma/pierce county go through hula-hoops and then sprinted 20 yards, then did 10 jumping jacks, then ran 5 yards and answered 10 math facts, ran 5 more yards, did 10 jump ropes, and then ran another 20 yards while jumping over two hurdles, and then sprinted all the way back to where we started.

my school's A team got 9th place out of 91 teams. our B team (which was the team i was on) got 32nd place. and our C team got 81st place. our school also won the sportsmanship award. mr. slater, the teacher who runs math relay at my school, had to wear a dress and shave his hair to keep a promise that he made if we did really well.

i won't be able to do math relay next year because i'll be homeschooled, but i hope to do it again in 6th grade for the new middle school in dupont.


math relay was really fun!

2 comments:

P-D's said...

YEAH NOAH! I have been waiting so long for a new post from you that I almost screamed when I saw you had a new one! Great job on the math relay! You are a good athelete and a great student. I'm sure your team counted on you for both!
Auntie Holly

Karla said...

If it was a math relay and not a language or writing relay, why were your teams lettered A, B, and C instead of numbered 1, 2, and 3?